We offer a range of services to help you achieve the perfect location for a business or industry. Not sure what you need, or what it costs? We can explain in detail all the services we can offer when locating to Lawrence County and tell you more about our county. Get in touch below!
Lawrence County sits in the middle of it all! As a county in Southwest Mississippi we offer a great location to reach most of the transportation hubs of the south in a days drive.
When it comes to transportation we have no shortage even though we do not house any airports or ports. We offer rail access, four-lane highways, and a short drive to several major airports and ports in Mississippi and Louisiana.
Lawrence County offers some of the top utilities that a business or industry would need, such as, water, electricity, sewer, natural gas, and even fiber wire in several locations.
Lawrence County is a 436 sq. mile county located in Southwest Mississippi with an abundance of infrastructural advantages for a cluster of different industries. We conveniently have access to:
- East/West four lane US highway 84 (the future I-14)
- North/South MS highway 27
- Natural Gas Access
- Rail Access
- Pearl River Access
Distance from Lawrence County to Major U.S. Markets:
|New Orleans, LA||152 Miles|
|Memphis, TN||271 Miles|
|Huntsville, AL||365 Miles|
|Atlanta, GA||411 Miles|
|Dallas, TX||443 Miles|
|Tampa. FL||522 Miles|
|St. Louis, MI||553 Miles|
|Charlotte, NC||657 Miles|
Lawrence County is also conveniently located on the newly proposed Interstate 14 route that will stretch from Ft. Bliss, Texas to Ft. Gordon, Georgia.
Roads and Rail
Lawrence County offers a large variety of roads and rails for companies and warehouses. We do have rail access and have many highways that run though our county.
- Highway 84 is a 4-lane highway that runs east to west and gives you interstate access in less than 25 miles. It also allows easy access to the port at Vidalia /Natchez.
- Highway 27 offers a straight shot to the interstate in less than 50 miles going North towards the state capitol, Jackson, MS. This highway also gives you access to the port of New Orleans.
- Highway 43 runs through New Hebron, MS and allows access to both Jeff Davis County and Simpson County.
- Highway 44 runs through the county and will allow access to 3 neighboring counties including Walthall County, Lincoln County, and Pike County.
- Lawrence County is also serviced by Canadian National Railroad that will connect you directly from Lawrence County to Northern United States and Canada.
Airports and Ports
Lawrence County itself does not house any airports or ports in the county, but it does offer a central location to many of south Mississippi and south Louisiana airports.
- Within 60 miles of Lawrence County you will reach either the Medger Wiley Evers International Airport or Hattiesburg Regional Airport
- Within 120 mile drive you will be at the Port of Natchez, Claiborne County Port, Port of New Orleans, Gulfport, Louis Armstrong New Orleans International Airport, Gulfport/Biloxi International Airport, and Meridian Regional Airport
Lawrence County has a wide variety of industry appealing utilities. The county is made up of three towns (Monticello, Silver Creek, and New Hebron) and several small communities that are scatted throughout the county. All communities of Lawrence County are covered by various energy and water companies, while our towns are covered by Southern Pine and Entergy. All towns also have access to water, sewage, and natural gas. Need fiber wiring? You’re in luck because downtown Monticello now has fiber access.
Let’s build something together.